In selecting the daypack / backpack to suit, the traveller should consider the following backpack features:
- Size: How many litres can it hold?
- Internal Pockets / Internal Organiser
- Drink Holders
- The quality of shoulder straps / Harness system
Ten other "nice to have" features:
- Sternum Strap: A small strap linking the main straps so they don't slip off.
- Waist Strap
- Key Clip: So you can quickly locate your keys
- Rain Cover
- Headphone port
- Compression straps
- Water resistant zips
- Reflective safety strips
- Hydration compatible